G3valeting - Mitchell and King Intrigue Paintwork Rejuvenation Detail
INTRIGUE : Verb: a mysterious or fascinating quality
This Detail is designed to get the very best finish on your vehicle as is possible it involves multi stage de-contamination processes to cleanse your vehicles paintwork and multi stage machine polishing to eliminate paintwork defects such as swirling - oxidisation etc and is finished off with our own Mitchell and king wax intrigue .
- Power wash exterior to remove loose dirt/grit-
- clean door shuts hinges etc with citrus degreaser and rinse,
- pre-foam vehicle with snowfoam allow to dwell for several minutes then rinse off-
- wash vehicle using two bucket method- then rinse off and dry with microfiber drying towel-
- apply tar remover to lower half of vehicle -rinse,
- then we clean all paintwork/glass with a clay bar which removes tree sap remaining tar, brake dust etc-
- then using 3m blue tape we mask any plastics to stop polish staining trim etc-then we use our (ptg) paint thickness gauge this helps us in a number of ways firstly It gives us an idea of how much clearcoat we have to play with it also gives an indication of low spots, previous correction or even if panels have been re-sprayed acts really as our safety barrier and we take 20-30 readings on each panel just to be safe
- Multistage machine polishing
- Then it’s time for our machine polisher to make an appearance with some polishing pads and compounds, when polishing we always start with the lightest pad polish combination first ie: finishing pad with finishing polish just in case , we do not need to or want to take off more clearcoat than we need to so softly softly first up, when we have found the right polish pad combination we proceed to polish the whole vehicle checking our paint readings as we go.
- We would like to add at this point that not all scratches will come out and as a general rule if you can feel it with a finger nail it is probably too deep but we can lessen them to some degree. Then we wipe down with isopropyl alcohol to remove any oils that are in the polish and to get a true picture of correction.
- Once all that is done we finish off with a fine polish that refines the finish and takes out any holograms that might be present from the cutting polish, then it is time to apply G3Valetings exclusive bespoke Mitchell and King wax Intrigue to protect the finish renowned for it’s jaw dropping looks and longevity. ie: gloss and durability 6 months plus .
- Then it is time to take off the blue 3m tape we then clean/polish the glass and apply glass sealant , apply a plastic dressing to exterior trim ,dress tyres/wheel arches and seal in the wheels with a sealant, and finally polish chrome exhaust tail pipes.
- *Our engine bay enhancement finishes a detail off nicely and gets the thumbs up from customers too , from only £15-00 we will clean the underside of the bonnet ,the wiper trays, slam trays, plastics etc and apply a long life dressing to all plastics.
- *For your information this option is built in to our platinum valet and above and is available as an upgrade from our bronze/ silver/ gold valets.
This is usually a minimum of 2-3 days + work.
Below is the Bentley Azure that had our Intrigue Paint Rejuvination Detail.
Below is another Bentley Azure treated to our Mitchell and King Rejuvenation Detail with outstanding gloss levels.